With the availability of over pouring opportunities for the best talents, retention is on the rise. Smart employers should realize the importance of retaining their deserving employees.
The impact of retention can easily be controlled if the organization is able to address the problem at the root level. The cause of retention differs with every level of organization. The challenge for most of the organizations is to identify the factors leading to retention and develop effective strategies to overcome retention.
Few points that should be kept in mind in order to minimize retention are:
- Empower the employees. Let employees feel part of the organization. Hand over the responsibility with complete belief, have faith in the employee’s potential.
- Let your employees feel important. Provide them proper information and knowledge and allow them to express freely in the organization.
- Organization should be able to provide proper time, tools and training to the employee which will enable them to perform their job well.
- Evolve strategies to spend valuable time with employees, enabling the seniors to know more about what employees feel for their current job and company and what aspirations they hold on to.
- Supervisors and seniors should develop a strategy to appreciate their employees and let them feel that they exist. Many quitting employees express that their seniors didn’t even know they existed. Recognizing their efforts for their respective roles could prevent retentions.
- Never utter negative about employee’s job. If you notice some negligence in employee’s part, talk to them directly and confidentially. Your one wrong step of talking negative about any employee will direct them on the lookout for change.
- Reward your employees. Monetary rewards in terms of bonuses and gifts motivate your employees to perform even better and will let them feel recognized.
- No matter what the circumstances are, never threaten the employees by cutting their salaries.
- Employees should enjoy their work. So make room to express their special talents.
- Enable employees to balance work and life. Don’t overburden employees, hire adequate staff. Induce flexi – work schemes like work from home and flexible time frames for work.
- Make arrangements within the company for growth opportunities and new learning through education and training.
- Make off-sites a tradition and nurture it. Keep it informal and away from work talks.
With such measures let your organization be the one who appreciate and value employees and retain them happily.